Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Goodbye Mr Smith, Let's Go Slumming

A song today to farewell a good friend and a good young man, Mr Smith, who died at 6.30 last night.

Gone too soon.

As his daughter Verity said in her text to me this morning, "The Coddington Taylor Marshall Smith kids meant the world to Dad."

Mr Smith was a regular at my first restaurant at Russell, The Cavalli Beachfront Café, and then again at my second, The Gables.

When Mr Smith knew he didn't have much time left one thing he wanted to do was go for a blat in a Ferrari.

We tried to organize this, so big thanks to my good friend James who, when I asked if he could take Mr Smith out in one of his Ferraris, said yes immediately. Alas, the Reaper intervened.

Mr Smith liked to listen to Genevieve Waite in my restaurants; we played LPs back in those days.

So here's a song for Mr Smith.

 

1 comment: